Skip to main content
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register for a class?
Self-register for classes anytime by clicking Login/Create Account. If you have previously taken classes with Extended Studies, click on “Forgot your username?” and follow the prompts. If you have never taken classes with Extended Studies, click Create New Student Profile and build your account.

Next, click All Classes on the left menu to browse through our online catalog. When you find classes you want to take, add them to your shopping cart. When all classes are in the shopping cart, you can complete your registration via our secure website.

Other ways to register:
  • By phone at (775) 784-4046 or toll-free at (800) 233-8928
  • By completing this form and either:
  • By faxing to (775) 784-4801
  • By emailing to
  • By mailing to University of Nevada, Reno Extended Studies; 18600 Wedge Parkway, Building A; Reno, NV 89511

How do I know if there is space in a class?
If a class already is filled, a waiting list button appears, and you have the option of placing yourself on the waiting list. If a seat becomes available, we will contact you.

How do I know if a class meets in-person or on Zoom?
Many of our classes have an option to attend in-person or on Zoom. These will be noted as Hybrid, and you will be required to select the method you prefer. Some classes will be offered fully in-person or fully on Zoom, and that will be indicated in the instructional method.

Where is my class located?
The location of your class will be listed in the class description and on your email confirmation.

How do I access my online class?
You will receive a separate email with login instructions. If you did not receive or cannot locate the email, please email exsonline@unr.

When should I register?
We encourage you to register as early as possible, as some classes fill very quickly. Classes lacking a sufficient number of registrations may be canceled. If a class is already filled, add your name to the waiting list and we will contact you if a seat becomes available.

Can I register after a class has started?
No registrations are permitted after a class has started.

When do I pay for my class?
Payment is required at the time of registration. We accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover and American Express. If you would like to pay be check or purchase order, please contact Extended Studies.

Can my employer pay for my class(es)?
Yes. When creating your profile, select your company from the drop-down list. If your company is not listed, please select **Add Company** and you will be prompted to add your company’s information.

Do you offer financial aid?
Our classes are noncredit and do not qualify for financial aid. Many of our classes qualify for financial support through JOIN Inc. and the Community Service Agency (CSA). To learn if you are eligible, call JOIN at (775) 284-9600 or CSA at (775) 786-6023.

Do you offer any discounts?
Early-bird, multiple-registrations from the same organization, and full-program discounts are available on many courses. View course sections on the website to see which are eligible for discounts.

Do you offer discounts for UNR Alumni?
Yes. Dues-paying members of the Nevada Alumni Association qualify for a 15% discount on many Extended Studies noncredit courses. To receive the discount, please call the Office of Alumni Relations at (775) 784-6620 or (888) NV-ALUMS for a special savings code prior to calling Extended Studies to register for your course(s).

What about class cancellations?
Sometimes classes are cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. You will be notified by email or telephone if your class is canceled. You will have the option to transfer your credit to another class or receive a 100% refund.

What is your refund policy?
If Extended Studies cancels a class, you will receive a 100% refund. Refunds may take up to 14 days to process. Some courses or programs have additional refund policies as noted in their descriptions.

If you need to cancel your enrollment, you must notify Extended Studies at (775) 784-4046 or (800) 233-8928 at least 3 business days prior to the course start date to receive a refund minus the 15% administrative fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 3 days before course start date. Please note: Informing your instructor is not sufficient notice for a refund.

You may transfer your fees to another course, without penalty, if you notify Extended Studies at (775) 784-4062 or (800) 233-8928 at least 3 business days before the course start date.

Inclement Weather Policy
UNR Redfield Campus follows Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) Inclement Weather Policy. You can receive alerts on your phone by registering through the TMCC alert system at  In the event of campus closure or delayed opening, we will notify you at your email address on file.

How do I use this website?

Browse our classes online
Click Classes from the left menu. You may search by keywords contained in the class name or description. View class descriptions by clicking the class name.

Sign in
If you have previously taken classes with Extended Studies click on “Forgot your username?” and follow the prompts. If you have never taken classes with Extended Studies, click Create New Student Profile and build your account. Creating a profile provides you with your own personal, password-protected account. Having an account will allow you to register online and track your class registrations.

When building your profile, items marked with a red asterisk are required. You may create a username of your choosing. Save your login and password for future reference.

Once you create your student profile (and on subsequent visits after you sign in), you will see menu options that allow you to edit your profile, check your current registrations, and view your transactions and transcript.

Register Online
Browse through the class offerings, when you find a class you are interested in, click the Add to Cart button. When you are finished shopping, click Checkout in the blue bar in the upper right of the web page. Read and agree to the Policies, and click Checkout at the bottom of the page. Complete your registration on our secure site with your credit card. You can print your transaction receipt and class confirmation for your records. In addition, you will receive a class confirmation and transaction receipt via email.

How do I print a receipt?
To print a receipt, sign in and select My Transactions and locate the date of the payment. Under Action, select Print View and print your receipt.

How do I print my transcript?
Review. To print a transcript of classes you took after Jan. 1, 2017, sign in and select "My Transcript." In the upper left corner click on Print View.

How do I update my profile/contact information?
You may update your student profile at any time. After signing in, access the My Profile link to change any of the information. Click Edit Profile, make changes and click Submit at the bottom of the page.

What if I have questions?
Email or call us at (775) 784-4046 or toll free at (800) 233-8928.

KIDS University

How do I register my child/children?
Click Create New Profile then select Household Profile and build your account. From the Household Profile tab, scroll down and click on “Add youth member to household.” Once the Youth member has been added, click the radio button next to their name and select Register.

How will I know if my child got into a class?
After completing your credit card payment, your registration is complete and you will receive a class confirmation and transaction receipt via email. If you register by phone or mail and you provide an email address, you will receive an email confirmation and transaction receipt once your registration is processed.

What if my child falls outside the age range for a certain class?
Prior approval must be given from Extended Studies as classes are designed for students within the age ranges that are published. Contact